The Putnam County Council on Aging offers services to Putnam County residents, age 60 and better, in order to help them remain independent in their home. Services offered include:
- Aging in Place Home Assessments
- Chore Services
- Educational Programs and Special Events
- Information and Referral
- A Matter of Balance Fall Prevention Classes
- Medical Equipment Loan Closet
- Newsletter (distributed quarterly)
- Outreach Services by a Licensed Social Worker
- Telephone Reassurance and Friendly Visitor Program
- Transportation Services
- “We Thrive Together” Virtual Programs
There is no charge for services, but donations are accepted and encouraged to help support the program. A suggested donation list may be obtained by calling the Council on Aging office at 419-523-4121 or toll-free 1-877-796-1760.
The Council on Aging is supported from many sources. The most important support is at the local level. Approximately 80% to 90% of our budget comes from a local senior service levy passed by the voters of Putnam County. State and Federal funds make up approximately 2% to 3% of the budget. We are also a partner agency with the United Way of Putnam County. Donations are received from individuals, businesses and other community organizations.
For more information on agency services, please call the Council on Aging at 4189-523-4121 or toll-free 1-877-796-1760.